Saturday, April 30, 2011

Schweitzer will let medical marijuana reform bill become law


royalwulff said on: April 30, 2011, 1:03 am
This legislative session is nothing more than laughable. I cannot believe that these people actually claim to represent the citizens of this state. I have never been so embarrassed for elected officials.

Support MMJ or not, the way this was accomplished was very simply - wrong.

BTW, I generally lean to the right, and vote accordingly. I am a strong supporter of the second amendment. I am a veteran. I am a 4th generation Montanan. I also have a degree in Cell Biology and Neuroscience, along with advanced studies in pharmacology, pharmacokinetics, human physiology, and human pathophysiology, and the use and abuse of drugs. I work under a medical license from the State of Montana Board of Medical Examiners.

I have the knowledge, education, and experience to state - for a fact - that medical marijuana is an effective tool in managing a number of different medical problems.

Is the current system flawed? Yes. Is SB423 the answer? Absolutely not.

People need to wake up and realize that marijuana is a relatively benign substance that actually has a great deal of medicinal advantages.

By the logic of SB423, we should impose the same laws and restrictions on the bar and restaurant industry to curb the outrageous rate of 5th, 6th, 7th DUI offenders and - oh yeah - one of the highest rates of drunk driving fatalities in the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment